Wednesday, April 1, 2009

EGGstra Helpful Boys

I decided to make my monthly shopping trip to Sam's Club on a morning that I only had 3 kids with me...first mistake, since 2 of those kids were boys.

I thought I would ask for "help" to keep them occupied...second mistake.

I turned my head away for just a little too long, TWICE...third mistake.

As a result I made two trips to the front to hand them one and a half cartons of BROKEN eggs. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for either and the lady kindly smiled and told me to go pick out some new ones. Three dozen eggs, gone to waist....and all I keep thinking is poor chicken went through all that work for nothing.

Shew...we made it home with the 3rd carton of eggs all in one piece! HOORAY!

I quickly began putting all the groceries away to begin to fix lunch for these starving boys. Bg so nicely found his dinosaurs and began to play. And Lg sat at the counter quietly playing with some slimy goo....WAIT, WHAT,...SLIMY GOO????? Yes, you guessed it I spoke too soon. Gage opened the eggs, broke one and was having a ball watching it run between all the food and his fingers.

I LOVE my boys...but am SO thankful for my girls! :)

0 comments: